Sunday, February 24, 2008

And the winner is...

Context -- I know that you think I'm going to blog about the Oscars, but that is later. This blog is about the winner of the Dove Creme Oil Body Wash ad that sponsored the awards program and was chosen by viewers. Both ads played early on in the show. We were told that over 1,000 entries were judged and we would get to chose between the final two. It was not difficult for me to chose. B was it! When the winner was announced later in the show, B won! What was amazing to me was that the commercial was made by a woman from Mantua,Utah.

How I could use this in class -- It would be fun to have students create original commercials for products. I have them create print ads for real and imaginary products, but I haven't had the technology to create real video ads. What fun that would be! I guess I should keep a better eye out for contest like this.

Watch the ad here http://dovecreamoil.msn.com/Gallery.aspx?pID=236515&s=m&source=PROMOnonengagedancdnewGallery

No comments: