Sunday, March 9, 2008

"S.O.S."



Context -- I'm trying to find a boy version of "Teardrops on My Guitar," and I think this is it. The boys may be a little older and the setting is not high school, but I think it works. Now students can contrast these two videos.

How I would use it in class -- How are the boys portrayed in this video? Is this a realistic portrayal? Consider the setting here. The whole video is on a cruise ship. Does this seem realistic to you? How are the girls in the video portrayed? Is this portrayal realistic? What values are embedded in this video? How to they correspond to your values? The boy in this video has been rejected by the girl. How does he respond to the rejection? Compare this to the "Tears on My Guitar" video. Does this seem realistic in a boy? Pick a favorite "torch song" and create a storyboard for a music video. Will the protagonist be male or female? What will be the setting?

No comments: